Friday, April 17, 2009

Little Miss Wordy Pants

Oh, woe is me. Here I am sitting in my boyfriend's darkened dining room, while he's fast asleep on the couch. It's barely nine o'clock. I can tell this is going to be a fun night.

This is me, attempting to start writing again. See how I'm using more than ten words already in this post? Go, Allie. Yes, it seems as though the "web world" (dorkiest term ever, in my opinion) has gotten to me. I've learned through my job, that the less word content you put on the web, the better... The briefer you are, the better. People get BORED when they have to read too much on the internet. I get it, I really do. But let's push the pause button on that for a sec and try, reeeeally try to focus. Or at least let me use this space to re-strengthen my writing muscles... It's been awhile, for serious, friends.

Ah, sleeping beauty stirs. "What's wrong?" he asks me. "Nothing" I reply. We've had this conversation sooooo many times in the past six months it's not even funny. Yes ma'am, SIX EFFIN' MONTHS... So, do people my age these days celebrate the six month marker? I don't know if we should or not. CORRECTION: I don't know if I should bug Joe about celebrating it or not. Like, I think it's awesome that we've been together this long; half a year, man! That's a big deal. For me. And, who am I kidding, for him too. But I have this sneaking suspicion that he really doesn't want to keep tabs on how long we've been together. Because if he really thought about the fact that we've been together for HALF A YEAR ("ooohmyyygodddd"), he'd probably freak out and start blabbering on about independence, freedom, being young and/or being afraid of getting too old, blabbity blah blah blah. Men.

Yes. So, yes. I would like to celebrate--scratch that-- acknowledge our six month anniversary of dating. It doesn't have to be elaborately romantic... Just something involving the two of us... Doing something we enjoy doing together... Like, sitting in a park, drinking wine... or cooking food... But so far, even though I've reminded him in the past: "our anniversary is the 19th of every month," he hasn't really mentioned anything. The only thing he's mentioned doing that day is playing music with a friend.

Well, would you just LOOK at me. Little miss wordy pants. Look at all this content. I hope you haven't read all of this. Hell, I don't expect anyone to. That's why I kind of spewed my feelings out in this neat little text box. I'm off to a good start, getting back into writing, despite the fact that what I just wrote mostly revolves around complaining about my relationship. Whatevs. We can't all be Virginia Woolfs.

Now I'm off to awaken the bf by sitting on him. What a treat.

2 comments :

Laura said...

i read it all, and i always like your blogs, long or short, because they are smart and honest...i just saw "Becoming Jane" and it makes me sad that Jane Austen wrote beautiful love stories for us at the cost of her own happiness. Damn the expectations of the
1800s! Siggghhhhhh

Maryann said...

You could never write too much! Keep it comin'.