"These damn things are hotter than a..."
I FINALLY saw Julie & Julia last night. I don't know what took me so long! Remember that white fish Julia and Paul have when they first arrive in France, and they're, like, dying it's so good? And remember that fabulous bruschetta and toasted bread thing that Julie makes that's like all crunchy and juicy?? Yah. It's almost dinnertime, and I'm fantasizing, I mean FAN-TA-SIZING!
Anywho, this post is about Julia's love, Paul Child. They were so genuinely in love. I wish I could have met him. Well, duh, BOTH of them. But, yes, Paaauuul. What a sweetheart.
I thought Stanley Tucci did a fantastic job portraying him. I fell in love a little.
"The butter to my bread, the breath to my life."
3 comments :
Well, you DID kind of meet them once. When you were about one years old we went to the Zoo-b-Que, a fundraiser at the zoo that featured animals, food, and a fabulous raffle. Julia and Paul were there. They won something at the raffle and then right afterwards your dad and I won something.
Also, we would see Julia a lot around town, say, at Vons and such.
Ah, my privileged Santa Barbara upbringing. Hahaha.
OMG, Stanley Tucci. Those same moments you described were the same moments when I fell, too. That first scene in France was so beautiful.
Post a Comment