Monday, April 18, 2011

The Golden Beetle



Last night I threw on my red dress and headed over to The Golden Beetle in Ballard for dinner with a few friends from my study abroad program a few years ago.


Here's who was there:





Top left: Me and Jarrett in the Latin Quarter of Paris being suuuuper weird (alcohol MIGHT have been involved; top right: Jessica, probably in Rome, up to her old antics, and me, very scared; bottom left: me and Britta in Berlin, fake smiles; bottom right: me and Laura at a Mozart symphony performance in Vienna


And here's what I had for dinner:



Cocktail: Beirut Fizz (Hendrick’s Gin, Rosewater, Cucumber Dry Soda)
First course: Oxbow Farm Carrot Soup – duqqa spice blend, crouton, cream
Second course: (Pictured above) St. Jude’s Albacore Tuna – grilled cucumber, tarator sauce, nut rice pilaf (plus a glass of Marqués de Riscal)
Dessert: Theo’s Chocolate Milk Pudding – fresh breeze milk, chantilly, milk chocolate



EVERYTHING was divine. The Golden Beetle serves organic Eastern Mediterranean cuisine, so a lot of the flavors were warm and sweet and spicy; really interesting! I highly recommend it!

No comments :