Monday, May 2, 2011

My Guide To Bachelorette Party Gifts


My friend Theresa asked me to put together a little gift guide for bachelorette parties (because at our age, we're going to a lot of them!). Here you go...




As far as intimates/lingerie goes, I know that a really well-loved brand is Honeydew. They're affordable (I get them from Nordstrom), comfortable, sexy, and come in really fun colors, as you can see. You can't go wrong with a little threesome of pretty undies as a gift.




I also think that Anthropologie has some of the prettiest unmentionables (a few of my favorite pictured above). Picking out something classic and flirty will go a long way, compared to dominatrix/leather-and-lace kind of lingerie (as fun as those pieces can be, I imagine). But everybody knows that such things don't stay on for long ;) so it's not always worth the money.

Also check out places like Forever 21, Target, and Urban Outfitters. Forever 21 has adorable looks that are very similar to Anthro's, for a lot cheaper (although you can't return them, I think). And I personally love undies that have the Wonder Woman emblem and such on them, which I've seen at Target and UO. Kind of a cheeky sense-of-humor way to go.




If you don't want to go the lingerie route, I suggest bath products like body oils and bubble bath gel. The above are a few from a great online store called Spirit Beauty Lounge, which offers only organic products. Yay!



Or candles are always romantic. These are a few from Anthropologie.

My take on gag gifts (like penis pasta, sex position books, sex toys): Don't go crazy with them. Don't spend a lot of money on them. Most likely they'll get buried in a drawer and never used. Reserve the big bucks for good quality lingerie, candles, etc. That's what the future-bride really wants!

2 comments :

theresa clare said...

Thanks! Such pretty things. Sometimes it feels like there are too many options that my brain starts to spin and I don't know what to do!

Besos!

Laurie B. Lowndes said...

Totally agree! My secret is going to Ross & buying a ton of honeydew panties (just under $2 each!) for the bride to be, but I also really love matching bra/panty sets (Anthro = perfection). Candles are a great idea, I'll have to remember that for bachelorette parties coming this summer :)