Thursday, June 2, 2011

Conversations


Me: Hi, how are you?

Fairy Godmother: Oh, you know, sooooo busy these days. Do you have anything to drink?

Me: Sure, what would you like?

FG: A Corpse Reviver would be great.

Me: What's in that?

FG: Ummm... Vermouth, Calvados, and Brandy, I think.

Me: Ok, I haven't got Calvados, unfortunately.

FG: Just straight up whiskey will do then.

Me: Ok. Sooo... I've been wanting to talk to you about something.

FG: Your hair's looking really nice by the way; the bangs are really working.

Me: Oh, thanks...

FG: Remember when I suggested that you get bangs? The day after that crazy night with whats-his-name?

Me: I don't remember his name.

FG: Ha-ha, me neither! Oh well. What were you saying?

Me: I was wanting to ask you a question...

FG: Oh yeah! Shoot. This whiskey's great by the way.

Me: Good. So, I was wondering... How is everything going, on your side of things, I mean?

FG: I don't understand.

Me: I know... This is so awkward. Because you've been great. I've really appreciated your help in the past year--

FG: Aw, thanks! You deserve it all, my dear.

Me: Thank you. But... You see... I can't help but feel like my life is in a bit of a... rut.

FG: Oh.

Me: Yeah. And again, I'm not trying to sound ungrateful--

FG: Of course not--

Me: I just have been feeling like I'm in a state of wanting, and waiting, and wondering.

FG: Wondering about what?

Me: Shit. When I'll meet a great guy! When I'll land my dream job! That kind of stuff. It's just so hard right now.

FG: Ah. I know, dear. I know.


Me: Can you just give me one little ounce of hope, that things will start looking up soon? Please?

FG: I'll tell you what. I'm going to let you in on something huge. But don't go bragging about it to anyone, alright? You're going to meet so many wonderful new people soon. You're going to love them, and they're going to love the hell out of you. And remember all of the amazing experiences you've had in the past? And all of the beautiful things you've seen and felt and encountered? Well, you get more of those too! Lot's more. You're just brimming with love and possibility... But of course, you already knew that, deep down, didn't you?

Me: I suppose I did.

FG: That's my girl.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

ahahahh, this made me laugh! xD

Erin said...

This made me cry and also be so happy I'm a lady in my 20's. I thought you might enjoy it too!

http://therumpus.net/2011/02/dear-sugar-the-rumpus-advice-column-64/