Thursday, August 29, 2013

a sucked orange



Our time in New York is coming to a close... I feel like I have expressed a lot of frustration with the city, and while Josh and I know that we would never permanently live here, I can recognize still that it is an awesome city. I'll come back for vacation, for sure. Here are a few of my favorite things while living in New York....

1. ONION CRUNCH

2. The surprise of turning the corner and seeing either the Empire State Building or the Chrysler Building

3. Music in Washington Square Park

4. Hearing New York accents (they're not just a stereotype!)

5. Different cultures everywhere

6. The ability to jaywalk

7. Seeing dog walkers with more than five dogs is an awesome sight

8. NOT going to Times Square

9. The flower garden in Riverside Park

10. Evening walks through Central Park... ok, I should have just started out with saying any and all of New York's parks!

11. Moments where you feel like you're in a Woody Allen movie

12. It's all so historical

13. The likelihood of seeing a celebrity (A-list or B-list) is high


(The title refers to Ralph Waldo Emerson's enigmatic quote: "New York is a sucked orange.")

No comments :