Thursday, September 5, 2013

Allie Discusses Lady Gaga

So, in case you've been livin' under a rock you know that Lady Gaga is back. "Applause" is her first single, and it's gotten mixed reviews. I didn't love it at first, but now I do. Gaga is so visual and as soon as you pair visuals with her music, you understand it and love it more. At least that's how I feel. The music video is super cool, classic Gaga, and her performance at the VMAs was ON!!!! Basically I kind of feel similar to the way this man feels about her:


My favorite part of the video is at 4:25. I realllyyyy want to learn the "ARTPOP" sign.

Ok, so there's that. Then I watched some of her recent iTunes Music Festival performance, where she performed new songs from the album. You can watch the whole thing or snippets of it.

"Manicure" is probably my favorite new song. It's pure pop, and she has this amazing Betty Page wig on for the performance. Adele agrees:


"Aura" is my second favorite because it's crazy and all over the place. I mean, she has a Marina Ambrovomic-style knife at the beginning; then it get's all heavy metal weird, with her being put into a dungeon-y body cage. And then she does a 180, and the chorus is gorgeous.


Those are from all of the songs she performed... I really do love this woman as a performer. You can she loves to do it. And she does it well. There's so much joy and heart in what she does. Also her ass is AMAZING!


OK  that concludes my fan girl rave. I'll leave you with her proud face at the end of her concert:

No comments :