Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Met Gala 2014

I loooove the Met Ball. I love themes. And I love celebrities. So it's fun. Here are my favorite looks from last night. The Met honored Charles James, a couturier of yore who was way into elegant, structured ball gowns... Hence all the gowns you're about to see. Plus some wild cards thrown in. Being a type-a asshole, I usually don't like when people ignore "rules," but I've made exceptions... 

Model Arizona Muse in Ralph and Russo. She looks like she time-traveled from the 50s!

Dakota Johnson in Jason Wu. Way to make evening gloves sexy again!

Dree Hemingway in Proenza Schouler. Ugghhh, she is seriously my fashion crush. Such perfection.

Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield in Thakoon. So freaking sweet.

Emmy Rossum in Carolina Herrera. Classic Herrera.

Florence Welch in Valentino. She looks like she's in a production of Midsummer Night's Dream.

Kate Mara in Valentino. Her hair color looks lovely with the dress.

Katie Holmes in Marchesa. She's a modern day Belle from Beauty and the Beast!

Kirsten Dunst in Rodarte. Not on theme, but I love everything. SO cool.

Lui Wen in Zac Posen. MVP of the night? Hell yes!

Margot Robbie in Prada. She wears Prada often and I love it.

Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton. Such a cute little sprite.

Nicole Richie in Donna Karan Atelier. Not on theme but she's giving us silver goddess realness. 

Stella Tennant and Mario Testino in Burberry. I love this bird-like frock!

Giovanna Battaglia in Dolce and Gabbana Alta Moda. She should only where D and G. It is the best.

Bianca Brandolini, Hamish Bowles, and Coco Brandolini in Dolce and Gabbana Alta Moda. The stuff of my fantasies. Including Hamish! :)

Tabitha Simmons in Dolce and Gabbana Alta Moda. DY-ING.

Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen in The Row, I'm guessing? Whatever, they look like a pair of cool bitches.

Reese Witherspoon in Stella McCartney. Surprisingly not boring! Love that bust!

Suki Waterhouse in Burberry. I don't know why she is an important person, but I do love me some ruffles.

OK, and here's where I get ultra-nerdy. What if I got to go to the Met Gala this year? Well, here are a few dress I would choose between:

gowns

1 comment :

w said...

Lui Wen is possibly my favorite if I had to choose. She looks straight out of a painting. I also (Surprisingly) love Reese Witherspoon's look.