
My Uncle Andy got me the most amazing present for Christmas: The entire "Summer Heights High" series on DVD. I mentioned the show awhile ago due to the hilarity of this particular clip, but I had never seen an entire episode.
Australian comedian Chris Lilley plays three very distinct characters on the show...

Jonah is a Polynesian punk-ass student who loves break-dancing.

Mr. G is the senior theatre teacher, but really wants to be the head of the theatre department. In the series, he writes a musical about a student at the school who overdosed on Ecstasy. RIDICULOUS.

J'amie (possibly my favorite character) is an exchange student from a private school, who is very accomplished, popular, and "hot."
.jpg)
I'm amazed at how perfect Lilley portrays each character. His Jonah reminds me of all the jackass boys in my high school. Mr. G is off-the-wall ridiculous. And J'amie... Don't even get me started.... Kind of reminds me of my preteen years... the whole world revolves around her. Sometimes I forget it's really Chris Lilley, and not a 17 year old girl!

If you like what Christopher Guest does, or if you like The Office, I think you'll like this series. It's a little racier in terms of language and subject matter... But so what, who cares.
2 comments :
You'd have to be a fool these days, to want to go to school these days!
Also...
She's a slut and she knows it, she wants to root (?) all the boys; she can't help taking the drugs on a Saturday night...
Mr. G is my favorite, can you tell?
Sounds right up my alley. May I borrow it when you're finished?
Post a Comment