Saturday, December 29, 2012

An Eventful Christmas








Here are a few snapshots of our Christmas vacation... which I'm sure many have already seen on Instagram or Facebook. 

The traveling part didn't quite go as we had planned. There was a blizzard in Oregon that made it impossible to cross over the pass so we stayed the night in a funky motel. The next morning it was open, and we armed ourselves with snow chains to make it over safely. Ha. Josh lost control over an icy patch and the car skidded slowly back and forth on the road until it crashed (softly) into a snow bank on the median. Thank god we were not hurt, and the car has barely a scratch. We were towed out nearly immediately. But we were definitely shaken. Overall, the driving down the coast thing was an experience I'm glad to have under my belt. But it was A LOT of driving, and we won't be doing it again anytime soon.


Christmas itself was nice, with my family and extended family. So much good food (I'm trying a mini-detox now in order to recover) and laughter, as expected in my wonderful family. I don't mind the occasional drama or disfunction. We're a great bunch. And Santa Barbara was WARM! Ahhhhh.

Now we're back in Seattle -- Slugs  is so happy -- and I still need to unpack.

Hope you had a merry Christmas too!

No comments :