Thursday, June 27, 2013

New York City Summer Beauty Essentials

Summer

1. DEODORANT
It's beginning to get that kind of hot where the minute you walk out onto the street, you start sweating. Yah, pretty sexy. So reapplication of deodorant has become a must. I want to get this Weleda Wildrose Deodorant to stick in my purse. It smells amazing!

2. HAIR BAND
Hello, Allie's wide forehead! Slicking back the bangs is maybe not the most flattering thing, but it feels good to get the hair out of my face and hide the inevitable fact that it's become oily and sweaty in the summer heat.

3. FACE SUNSCREEN
I've been using Clinique Super City Block for quite awhile, and I use it all year round. It's tinted which makes it a good base before putting on concealer. And a little bit goes a long way.

4. SUNLESS TANNER
Fake Bake is an amazing self tanner that you spray on and rub with a fabric mit to even it out. I am pale and do not tan on my own, but prefer to look a little bronze -- not an unnatural amount. This stuff is perfect because you can build up the color, it's easy to put on, and looks really natural. I've had my fair share of sunless tanning disasters, so I'm glad I found this stuff.

5. BODY SUNSCREEN
I'm out and about every day, going to the subway, walking to my nanny jobs, etc., so I need some protection from the big bad sun. I find the stick versions of sunscreen really convenient because I can put them in my bag and pull them out when I need to apply and reapply quick. No mess!

6. HAND SANITIZER
New York really is a dirty, grimy city. And when you use the subway you come in contact with lots of people and lots of surfaces that have been touched by lots of people. Hand sanitizer is a must for me. I love clean hands. It's the perfect nanny accessory as well.

No comments :