Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas


My grandma Phyllis passed away yesterday. She had been sick for awhile. I got to talk to her via video chat about a month ago, and she was luckily lucid, and her sassy self. I didn't expect her to go while I was abroad. And at Christmas. So tomorrow, at 11 a.m. I'll be flying out of Amsterdam and back to Santa Barbara. I'll be there for two weeks. It's a sad occasion, but I'm also thankful that I can be with my family. On the other hand, I'm sad to be leaving Josh.... Last night we opened presents that were sent by our parents. They got us a LOT of cold weather accessories. As you can see: 


Today is Christmas Eve, so we are just hanging out together. We'll probably make a nice dinner tonight, and then go to our friends' house to celebrate. But not too much, because I have to get up early for my flight. 

So anyway, it's not the Christmas I expected. But I'm ok. Merry Christmas, everyone! Celebrate it in the unique way that is yours. Celebrate it with your family. Enjoy it! Sending love to you and yours.

No comments :