Friday, December 27, 2013

Made in December

As it says on the web page, you don't have to use pork. So I didn't. I used chicken instead. This recipe was super delicious. Especially when served with mashed potatoes and salad. It's a repeat!

When my mom sent me corn tortillas for Christmas, I knew I had to make fish tacos. The picture above made me think, awww yeah this looks wonderful. I last-minute trip to the market yielded just one filet of salmon, not cod as the recipe calls. But I'm flexible. So the salmon worked fine. It was amazing. The yogurt crema especially. The recipe calls for SPINACH?! On a TACO?! Ridiculous. I recommend shredded cabbage instead. Repeat!

Except I used red curry. Was that what went wrong with this recipe? I don't know. The thing that happened was that the flavor wasn't strong enough. It was boring. Crazy, huh? Not a repeat-recipe.

This is a pretty basic foundation recipe. You can add anything on top of it. I added cherry tomatoes, grated cheese, and almonds. Make it, it's great. Especially when you want something light for dinner. 

LOLing at the name of this recipe. It calls for almond flour, but I used regular. It's a great recipe because you probably have all of the ingredients in your pantry already. The olive oil makes it. Definitely a repeat.

Ohhhh this is so good. And healthy! You've hit the jackpot. I used just regular lentils instead of black ones, and they don't need to be cooked as long as the recipe says if you used canned lentils. Instead of mint, I used cilantro since I'm more partial to it. 



No comments :