Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Favorite Red Carpet Looks From the Golden Globes

It's no secret: I love award shows. The Golden Globes were last Sunday, and I downloaded the show last night, excited to see what Tina and Amy had in store. It was great seeing them take jabs at Hollywood heart-throbs like George Clooney and Leonardo di Caprio. I loved Amy as "Randy," Tina's illegitimate son. And were we all completely thrilled when Amy won her Golden Globe?! To think, I've stood so close to that genius... 

Ok, as far as fashion goes, it was all a bit "Eh." I always like when celebrities make more daring choices compared to the standard gown. Here are my 10 favorite looks:

Cate Blanchett in Armani Prive. So classy. I'd like to see Blue Jasmine.

 Michelle Dockery in Oscar de la Renta. She always makes interesting choices fashion-wise. 

Olivia Wilde in Gucci. Love her, and DID NOT know she was preggo! She looks super sexy; yet almost slightly lizard-like. I just like the color emerald, what can I say.

Caitlin Fitzgerald in Emilia Wickstead. I am obsessed with this color. And the peek-a-boo hemline to show off your shoes is all the rage. 

Lupita Nyong'o in Ralph Lauren. Sooo perfect. She is darling. And that built-in cape is to die for.

Drew Barrymore in Monique Lhullier. Such a spot-on dress for Drew. And she looks radiant.

Margot Robbie in Gucci. Despite being uninterested with her as an actress, I love Margot's dress. Those are rhinestones, you guys! 

Zoe Saldana in Prabal Gurung. A super fun and intriguing choice. Love the off the shoulder detail.

Sarah Paulson in Marchesa. Well, a) I just love her in general (AHS, holla!) and b) the dress is magical and fits her impeccably.

 Taissa Farmiga in J. Mendel. Adorable and age-appropriate. And she matches her AHS costar!


No comments :