Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Day

It's New Year's Day and everyone's probably recovering from the night before's debauchery and thinking about trying to get healthy. I didn't party hard at all last night. Outback Steakhouse, a few sips of champagne, and in bed by 9:30. But still, since I've been in Santa Barbara I've been pigging out on all the food I've been missing. So here are some health-centric ideas for you:

A trusty smoothie via Into the Gloss: 1 cup milk (vitamin D), a whole banana (vitamin B6 and potassium), 1 dollop of honey (magnesium), and ice. B6 helps support and increase your metabolism, potassium = electrolytes, and vitamin D does something important to your insulin levels when they need it most, which is apparently fantastic. Honey is like gasoline for your liver.

I've always wanted to do this Food Lover's Cleanse via Bon Appetit. It doesn't seem like it would feel very restricting.

Yoga, of course. Santa Barbara recently got a Core Power Yoga studio, which is the studio I went to in Seattle and I miss it so much, so I'm going to try to go to a class or two while I'm here.

Ok, I find this woman to be a little obnoxious, but I recommend her ballet workout. It's really easy and you definitely have sore muscles after doing it. 

Don't forget the kale! It's my go-to when I want something healthy. This salad has become one of my FAVORITES.

Good luck, everyone!

No comments :