Friday, June 20, 2014

Artist Textiles: Picasso to Warhol



Last weekend, Josh and I went to Tilburg to see the TextielMuseum, a Dutch museum dedicated to the the art of textiles, and set in an old textile factory.

The best part was their featured exhibit called Artist Textiles: Picasso to Warhol, which featured 20th century artists contributing to textile designs. I think my grandma would have especially loved it.

It was a wonderful collection, with artists such as Alexander Calder, Joan Miró, Henry Moore, Marc Chagall, Salvador Dalí, and Raoul Dufy.

I loved how a lot of the prints looked like they came straight from Anthropologie – except so much better. I found it all really inspiring as an illustrator.








My favorite of the collection had to be the Zandra Rhodes pieces, which were featured right alongside the more notable pop artist Andy Warhol. So 60s and psychedelic but I would still wear this stuff, even today. I love those lipstick prints, don't you?




*Photos by me, and from TextielMuseum.nl 

No comments :