Friday, May 13, 2011

Comforts List


{Image by hello mr fox}


Moorea recently did a great post about comforts, part of her Paint Your Love series. Bad day at work? Feeling lonely or blue? Need a pick-me-up from the doldrums of life? Here's my list of comforts. Here's how I soothe and console myself during those inevitable rough patches:

Food
Thai food
Cheese pizza
Red wine
Mac and cheese out of the box
Chipotle burritos
Quiche and bread pudding from Macrina Bakery
Eggs Benedict

Activities
An afternoon nap on my big bed
Hours and hours of TV shows on Instant Netflix
Bubble bath and scented candles
Ordering take-out and watching a romantic comedy
Snuggling with my kitty
Painting my nails
Sitting at outdoor cafes and people-watching
Shopping... especially at Nordstrom or at thrift stores
Going on city adventures by myself
Clipping things from magazines
Walking through Seattle neighborhoods alone

Movies
Sleepless in Seattle
You've Got Mail
Meet Me in St. Louis
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Peter Pan (live action)
French Kiss

Reading
Old journals
Mary Oliver poetry
Cookbooks
Peter Pan and other children's stories

Listening
Sara Bareilles (or any girly pop for that matter)
Old French music (Edith Piaf, Jacques Brel, etc.)
Classical music (Camile Saint-Saens, Rachmaninov, etc.)
Standards a la Ella Fitzgerald and co. ("I've Got a Crush on You," etc.)
John Mayer (there's something about his lyrics that just get me)
Broadway tunes ("Les Miserables," "Wicked," "Miss Saigon," etc.)

TV Shows
Saturday Night Live
Doctor Who
Parks & Recreation
The IT Crowd
Vampire Diaries
BBC Productions
Masterpiece Theater


What comforts you?

1 comment :

Lana said...

This list is the best thing. Ever. No exaggeration. I might do one of my own...